One the Contract to Buy and Sell is signed, there are several things we need to do to ensure a smooth and successful closing. Below is a sample checklist.
- Earnest money will have to deposited
- Schedule your Inspections.
- You will receive Title commitment. Contact me or the Title company with questions
- If there is a HOA, you will a copy of all the by-laws, rules and regulations, accounts etc. You need to read all these to check they are profitable, there isn’t anything prohibiting your goals for the home.
- If you have a loan, the Lender will be contacting you for all the documentation required.
- The Lender will arrange the Appraisal. The appraisal determines value
- You will need to arrange Homeowners Insurance, or Renters if you are buying a condo/townhome.
- A Survey or ILC is conducted to identify the legal boundaries, easements and building location on the property